Department for Education Vision for Primary PE:
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The Primary PE and Sports Funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Children should have the following PE kit in school at all times:
White t-shirt with school logo (or plain white)
Trainers (not plimsolls)
Tracksuit bottoms (grey, green or black)
Tracksuit top (grey, green or black)
Long hair should be tied back and no jewellery (including watches) can be worn for safety reasons.
PE t-shirts and drawstring PE bags with the school logo are available from our school uniform supplier, Price and Buckland.
Please ensure all PE kit is labelled with your child's name. They all look the same and it is very difficult to return lost items to the correct child if they are unnamed.
Thank you for your support with ensuring your child has the correct PE equipment in school.